by Carla Martin
We at Friends of the Legacy Trail are often asked about Bike Rental for The Trail. We sent emails asking each of our business members if they rent bikes and if so, to send along information that they would want a potential customer to know about.
Here are the results:
It’s never been easier to ride the Legacy Trail. Book online today and a bike will be waiting for you at the Culverhouse Nature Park trailhead tomorrow morning! Return the bike to Culverhouse Nature Park. No hauling bikes. No time riding through traffic. Enjoy the Legacy Trail without any hassles.
Book online at www.rideandpaddle.com or call 941-346-1797. The Legacy Trail service includes a Trek Verve I (for adults), locks, helmets and baskets. Kid sized bikes are also available. The Culverhouse Nature Park is located at 7301 McIntosh Rd, Sarasota, FL 34238. We lock the bikes to the bike rack and call you with a lock combination programmed just for you.
Siesta Key Bike and Kayak: Bike Rental Page (Map)
We offer 3 different ways to rent bicycles for The Legacy Trail
1. Pick the bike up at our shop and ride the 4 miles to the trail. $15 for 24 hours
2. We offer a bike rack for $10.00 we put on your vehicle which can hold 3 bikes.
3. We deliver the bikes to the north trail-head for $25. This price includes bike rental, delivery and pick up.
Siesta Key Bike and Kayak offers Friends of The Legacy Trail members a 10% discount on merchandise, labor & rentals.
- The pedal forward design, upright, relaxed riding position makes them comfy, stable and fun to ride even if you haven’t been on a bike since you were a kid!
- You can plant your feet flat on the ground easily without leaving the saddle.
- The saddle is nice and wide (so you’ll be able to walk the next day)
- Some have a swooped top tube that allows easy step through.
See Rental Page for prices. We provide a helmet, lock, basket and include a bottle of water with each rental.
• Cash/Credit/Debit at time of delivery. Same-day service, often within the hour.
• Delivery to Venice Waterway Trail also available.
Call 941-412-3821 to reserve.
Bicycles International offers Friends of The Legacy Trail members a 10% discount on parts and accessories.
Visitors can park in our shopping center parking lot and enjoy car-free bike rentals.
Hybrids (comfort bikes) are our most popular. We also rent road bikes and fitness bikes, also have a few mountain bikes for those wanting to get out in the woods.
Locks and helmets are included with the rental.