by Carla Martin
We at Friends of the Legacy Trail are often asked about Bike Rental for The Trail. We sent emails asking each of our business members if they rent bikes and if so, to send along information that they would want a potential customer to know about.
Here are the results:
Located on Siesta Key:
Siesta Key Bike and Kayak: Bike Rental Page (Map)
We offer 3 different ways to rent bicycles for The Legacy Trail
1. Pick the bike up at our shop and ride the 4 miles to the trail. $15 for 24 hours
2. We offer a bike rack for $10.00 we put on your vehicle which can hold 3 bikes.
3. We deliver the bikes to the north trail-head for $25. This price includes bike rental, delivery and pick up.
Siesta Key Bike and Kayak offers Friends of The Legacy Trail members a 10% discount on merchandise, labor & rentals.
Located on Clark Road:
A Pedego Electric Bike is the best way to experience all that Sarasota has to offer, including the Legacy Trail and Siesta Key. A Pedego is just like a regular bike – only better! You can pedal normally (or not) and get power when you want it. You have the freedom to go farther and faster, and to conquer hills and headwinds with ease. It feels like being a kid again!
Stop by and rent a Pedego Bike from the friendly, helpful staff at Pedego Sarasota. We promise an unforgettable experience that is sure to be the highlight of your trip.
We are located at 3460 Clark Road, Sarasota, FL 34231
Located in Palmer Ranch:
- The pedal forward design, upright, relaxed riding position makes them comfy, stable and fun to ride even if you haven’t been on a bike since you were a kid!
- You can plant your feet flat on the ground easily without leaving the saddle.
- The saddle is nice and wide (so you’ll be able to walk the next day)
- Some have a swooped top tube that allows easy step through.
See Rental Page for prices. We provide a helmet, lock, basket and include a bottle of water with each rental.
Located in Venice:
We have great ebikes for rental (Magnum Ui5’s, Pathfinders (short/fat tire); Classic (Small folding) & EG Athens).
Our rates: $29/2 HRS; $39/4 HRS; $59/8 HRS; $69/24 HRS; $150/Weekly
Open M-F 10:30-4:30pm – Sat/Sun & Off Hours by Appointment (Call)
Book online: Bike Rental Page
941-240-1717, 412 E. Venice Ave. Venice, FL 34285
• Cash/Credit/Debit at time of delivery. Same-day service, often within the hour.
• Delivery to Venice Waterway Trail also available.
Call 941-412-3821 to reserve.
Bicycles International offers Friends of The Legacy Trail members a 10% discount on parts and accessories.
Visitors can park in our shopping center parking lot and enjoy car-free bike rentals.
Hybrids (comfort bikes) are our most popular. We also rent road bikes and fitness bikes, also have a few mountain bikes for those wanting to get out in the woods.
Locks and helmets are included with the rental.