by Carla Martin
We at Friends of the Legacy Trail are often asked about Bike Rental for The Trail. We sent emails asking each of our business members if they rent bikes and if so, to send along information that they would want a potential customer to know about.
Here are the results:
We have an inventory of over 350 bicycles, ranging from Trek 21 speed hybrids, Trek Alpha 1.1 road bikes and single speed beach cruisers as well as tandems and adult trikes for rent. We can include helmets and locks with any bike rental at no extra charge. Maps of the Legacy Trail are provided with the rentals.
Bike racks can also be rented so bikes can be transported to the trail. We do offer a delivery/pickup service to the trail except during March/April during our really busy season.
We are located in the middle of the Southbridge Mall, 6551 Midnight Pass Rd, Siesta Key (close to the 7/Eleven) and are open every day 9-5pm. Reservations can be taken by phoning 941 346 1797 or by e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org. Facebook: Siesta Sports Rentals
Siesta Sports Rentals offers a 10% discount on bike rentals to Friends of The Legacy Trail members.
Siesta Key Bike and Kayak: Bike Rental Page (Map)
We offer 3 different ways to rent bicycles for The Legacy Trail
1. Pick the bike up at our shop and ride the 4 miles to the trail. $15 for 24 hours
2. We offer a bike rack for $10.00 we put on your vehicle which can hold 3 bikes.
3. We deliver the bikes to the north trail-head for $25. This price includes bike rental, delivery and pick up.
Siesta Key Bike and Kayak offers Friends of The Legacy Trail members a 10% discount on merchandise, labor & rentals.
- The pedal forward design, upright, relaxed riding position makes them comfy, stable and fun to ride even if you haven’t been on a bike since you were a kid!
- You can plant your feet flat on the ground easily without leaving the saddle.
- The saddle is nice and wide (so you’ll be able to walk the next day)
- Some have a swooped top tube that allows easy step through.
See Rental Page for prices. We provide a helmet, lock, basket and include a bottle of water with each rental.
Voted #1 Bicycle Shop in Venice by the Gondolier Sun. Located right off Tamiami Trail (41) across from Lowes, just 1 mile off the Venetian Water Trail/south end of the Legacy Trail. We have over 50 bicycles available for rent for the entire family and we provide helmets and locks at no additional cost. Come see why we are #1.
1744 S. Tamiami Trail, Venice FL, 941-497-1590
Bicycles International offers Friends of The Legacy Trail members a 10% discount on parts and accessories.
Visitors can park in our shopping center parking lot and enjoy car-free bike rentals.
Hybrids(comfort bikes) are our most popular. We also rent road bikes and fitness bikes, also have a few mountain bikes for those wanting to get out in the woods.
Locks and helmets are included with the rental.