- Contact Your Elected Representatives
- Rails to Trails Conservancy is a nationwide charitable organization dedicated to transforming unused rail corridors into vibrant public places. Their Trail Link provides a way to find rail to trail conversions across the U.S. along with a wealth of information about the trail.
Other Interesting Legacy Trail Sites
- Sarasota Legacy Trail – by Sandy Estabrook. A great site with lots of beautiful pictures and interesting information about the Trail. Sandy Estabrook hit the trail before it was officially opened and fell in love with it. It was during dawn of the iPhone which he used for all the pictures on his colorful and informative website.
- Friends of Oscar Scherer State Park
- Friends of the Carlton Reserve
- Friends of Rothenbach Park
- Friends of Sarasota County Parks
- Venetian Waterway Park Map
Local Bike Groups:
- Village Idiots Cycling Club
- Coastal Cruisers Bicycle Club
- Bike Venice Florida
- Sarasota County Off Road Rider
- Sarasota Manatee Bicycle Club
Local Bike Shops:
The Venice Area Historical Society has a wealth of information about the history of the railroad corridor which became The Legacy Trail
If you click and buy a Road ID from this link, a small portion of the sale will be donated back to the FLT.