Bay Street, which extends from Tamiami Trail to The Legacy Trail Osprey Junction Trailhead (see map), is going to be extended east, across the trail, to Honore Avenue. The Osprey Junction Trailhead will be closed for construction starting August 2, 2017 and lasting approximately 12 months.
The Legacy Trail will remain open for the entire length of project.
Starting approx. 8/1/17 the port-o-let will be removed from OJT/Legacy Trail intersection. In addition to this, all signs, picnic areas, kiosk and water fountain within the project corridor will be moved or removed and stored until end of construction.
Pedestrian access from the existing Bay St. to the Legacy Trail will remain open but watch for signage as a new temporary access trail will be opened to the north of the existing access trail during road construction.
- Parking will not be available at Osprey Junction Trailhead. Parking will be available at Bay Street Park, 300 Bay Street, Osprey
- Legacy Trail Parking at McIntosh, 7905 McIntosh Rd., Sarasota
Other access points to The Legacy Trail are (see map):
- Culverhouse Nature Park: 7301 McIntosh Road Sarasota
- Oscar Scherer State Park: 1843 South Tamiami Trail Osprey
- Laurel Park Trailhead: 509 Collins Road Nokomis
- Nokomis Riverview Park
- Nokomis Community Center: 234 East Nippino Trail Nokomis
- Patriots Park: 800 Venetia Bay Blvd Venice
- Venice Train Depot: 303 East Venice Avenue Venice
For questions regarding the Bay St. Extension Project, please contact Ferdie Barnard at Ferdie.Barnard@stantec.com; 941.225.7600
For questions regarding The Legacy Trail/Osprey Junction Trailhead, contact Megan Donoghue at firstname.lastname@example.org; 941-861-5126