Friends of The Legacy Trail , Inc. (FLT) was established on July 11, 2016 as an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
FLT exists to support, promote, enhance and protect The Legacy Trail, a Sarasota County Park, and its trail connectors now and for future generations.
Our goals are to:
1. Work with Sarasota County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources to assist in the development, operation, maintenance and improvement of The Legacy Trail, its trail connectors and related facilities.
2. Partner with organizations and businesses interested in supporting The Legacy Trail and trails or parks that connect to The Legacy Trail to achieve mutually beneficial goals.
3. Raise funds to aid in the development, operation, maintenance and improvement of The Legacy Trail, its trail connectors and related facilities within the guidelines established in the operating agreement with Sarasota County.
4. Work with city, county, state and federal elected officials and staff and with other special interest organizations to help support the development, operation, maintenance and improvement of The Legacy Trail, its connectors and related facilities.
5. Inform and educate the public about The Legacy Trail, its trail connectors and related facilities and promote safe and enjoyable experiences for trail users.
FLT board meetings are normally held on the second Monday of every month. Minutes of board meetings are available upon request.
Board of Directors
President: Louis Kosiba (Sarasota)
Vice President: Rita Miotti (Sarasota)
Treasurer: Michelle Stanley (Sarasota)
Secretary: Travis Barrows (Sarasota)
Joan Attenberg (Venice)
Janine Jacobs (Nokomis)
Carla Martin (Sarasota)
Steve Martin (Sarasota)
Roger Normand (Sarasota)
Arthur Rea (Sarasota)
Ex-Officio Board Member from Sarasota County Parks, Recreation, and Natural Resources :
North Port Coordinator & Newsletter Editor
Contact Friends of the Legacy Trail
Friends of The Legacy Trail
PO Box 792
Osprey, FL 34229
Friends of The Legacy Trail is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Tax ID number (EIN) is 81-3060109.
A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free within the State, 800-435-7352, or via the internet at www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state. FLT registration number: CH49056. FLT Address: 7740 Camminare Dr., Sarasota, FL 34238.