Experience the beauty of The Legacy Trail as you ride in the comfort of the surrey: a 4-passenger, 4-wheeled canopy covered bicycle.
The surrey is ideally suited for mobility challenged individuals, provided they can climb one step onto the surrey. Friends of The Legacy Trail volunteers do the pedaling while you relax and enjoy the sights of a free 45 minute ride along with other cyclists, joggers, and walkers.
SURREY PROGRAM 2018:
- Sarasota County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources, in partnership with Friends of The Legacy Trail (FLT), presents the Surrey Program which offers a way for mobility challenged residents and visitors, who would otherwise be unable, to share in The Legacy Trail experience.
- Four-wheeled, surrey-type bicycle with a canopy cover while volunteers provide the pedal power.
- 45 min ride
- Max 4 people capacity per ride.
- The rides will be free.
- Reservations are required
- No smoking or bringing pets.
BROCHURE: CLICK HERE
Where & When
Leaves from Laurel Park in front of:
Sandra Sims Terry Community Center
509 Collins Road, Laurel
- Runs every Tuesday and Wednesday, from Jan. 9 to March 28.
- Rides will also be held the 1st Friday and 2nd Saturday during the above schedule.
- The surrey runs three times a day with departure times at 10 a.m., 11 a.m. and noon.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled time.
- Please check-in inside the lobby.
Reservations and Contact:
- The event will be cancelled if it rains and at times when it is very cold. For weather cancellation information day of ride only: 486-2753.
- Reservations are required. For all reservations and general questions: 486-2757. This is an answering system and will be responded by Laurel Park staff.
The surrey is a donation by Friends of the Legacy Trail to Sarasota County to promote The Legacy Trail and other County parks.
Friends of The Legacy Trail volunteers provide this service for free. If you would like to support our organization, donations may be made on our website here, or by mail to Friends of The Legacy Trail, PO Box 792, Osprey, FL 34229
If the idea of pedaling the surrey is appealing to you, click here to contact us. Also, if you have an interest in this program but do not feel you can manage pedaling, we have a need for greeters and schedulers. For more info, contact us.