At this time, our community is encouraged to stay close to home and limit their interactions. During these challenging times, we understand the need to get outside, soak up some fresh air and get exercise. When enjoying The Legacy Trail, there are several actions you can take to keep yourself and others safe:
- Follow the CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of 6 feet.
- Keep single-file when walking or biking
- Avoid congregating
- If there are people at a stop station, keep going
- If the trailhead looks busy, come another time
- Bring your own water so you don’t have to use drinking fountains
- Practice “pack it in, pack it out” so you don’t have to use the trash receptacles
- Bring hand wipes or sanitizer
And finally, be smart, stay safe and don’t travel far from home. Our hospitals, resources and emergency services are being utilized in other capacities. It’s important to keep yourself safe while recreating.
Sarasota County is closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Sarasota County Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources (PRNR) is in regular communication with the county Health Department and continues to receive updates related to its operations.
Things are changing daily, so for the latest information on COVID-19 in Sarasota County, please visit scgov.net/COVID.