From Sarasota County Resolution 2019-234 Approved 11/19/19
General Rules of the Trail:
(1) The Trail is open for use from 6:00 A.M. to sunset.
(2) Waste, refuse, trash, cigarette butts, debris, or other material brought onto the Trail must be properly disposed of in trash receptacles or recycling containers.
(3) Fireworks are not permitted along the Trail.
(4) Rules of the road must be adhered to along the Trail.
(5) Public access is allowed by pedestrians, bicycles and electric bicycles (“E- bike”) which are generally regulated in the same manner as traditional bicycles.
(6) Cyclists must adhere to the following rules:
- Wear a helmet if under the age of 16
- Remain visible at all times
- Be in control of their bicycle or E-bike at all times
- Obey all traffic laws
- Give verbal warning when passing other Trail users
(7) Public access is not allowed by golf carts or by motorized, gas-powered or electrical vehicles, unless it is an E-bike.
(8) For mobility-impaired individuals who request to use other power-driven mobility devices, the County’s Parks, Recreation, and Natural Resources Department (“Parks”) will evaluate the request to provide reasonable accommodation on the Trail.
(9) The speed limit along the Trail is fifteen (15) miles per hour.
(10) Smoking is permitted in designated areas only.
(11) Fishing is permitted in designated areas only.
(1) Pets on leash are permitted along the Trail, with the following constraints:
- Leash must be no more than six feet long.
- Pets must be under owner’s control at all times.
- Pet owners are required to remove pet excrement from the Trail.
(2) Horses are permitted by special pre-authorization only from Parks.
Club and organizational events utilizing the Trail must be open to the public and approved by Parks.